Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Start Of An E-mail Campaign.

Hello Friends,

I'm starting an e-mail campaign with you on having 'ASL Classes In The Mainstream'. After you've read this, I ask you to forward this e-mail to your family and friends and I hope they'll do the same.

It's a topic I've brought up on my blog. You can check it out at http://sonnyjames.blogspot.com/. To sum up on what I'm doing, I'm asking you all to practice self-advocacy, to be a planter of our future.

Attached with this e-mail is a letter asking a high school principal to consider offering ASL classes in his/her school. The underlying basis for this is to improve our way of life by increasing the number of our interpreters, teachers, counselors, advocates, and on and on. To increase awareness of the language and the culture it brings. Who knows, maybe a past ASL student will become a future Senator or Governor where he or she could help us implement laws that will improve our future such as enforcing videos on the Internet to be captioned for us.

With this letter, I ask you to find your principal's name and the school's address from the phone book or the Internet then mail this letter. You could send an e-mail if you prefer or if you have the opportunity to bring it up in person then that would be awesome.

Thanks,
Sonny

No comments: