Saturday, June 24, 2006

Want Change? Give Feedback.

I'm on the look out for jobs and the best place to do that is to contact your college/university's career center. I've signed up for my alma mater's e-mail listserv of job listings. I receive several e-mails from them a day/week and it has become time consuming to open all those e-mails and attachment to find that the position is advertised for California, Montana, or Maine. Whereas I'm interested in certain states. Thus, I decided to e-mail to my career center on the feedback to add the intials of the state in the subject line of the e-mail so we can easily sort them out as we look for job positions. To my delight, they've loved the feedback and they've adopted the change.

Fr: deb(at)gallaudet.edu
To: sonnyjames(at)yahoo.com
Subject: RE: Job Postings

Hi Sonny!
Nice to hear from you. Hope all is well with you. Thanks for your brilliant idea. We will start adding the state next to the job title in the subject line so the alumni will only open the email they want to read.
Have a great summer!
Deb

-----Original Message-----
Fr: sonnyjames(at)yahoo.com
To: Gallaudet University Career Center
Subject: Job Postings

For future reference could you please post the initials of the state that the job is being advertised from in the Subject line because I cannot go through them all to find if the job announcement is from Georgia, Alabama, or Tennessee.

Thanks,
Sonny
To be connected to your Alumni Job Network - click on your alma mater.

No comments: