Thursday, December 08, 2005

She's Inspired, I'm Inspired!

A new friend I made from Cave Spring, Georgia...checked out my blog for the first time yesterday, later that very evening, she visited a friend for dinner. Her friend talked about wanting to see the new movie that is coming out in theaters; "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe."

And you know what? She told this friend about how I've gotten my local theater in Macon to receive a captioning device sometimes in 2006. She was inspired and she wanted to know how she could do it too. Hence, I'm inspired!

Here's how I did it and you can do it too in three steps.

1. Check out the movie theaters in your area. I picked the newest and the largest theater because I felt they were more likely to be receptive to receive a captioning device.

2. Add their phone number to your VP speed dial. Call them few times a month. Always ask for the manager, state your name and explain them about captioning in movie theaters and ask them to work toward receiving a captioning device.

3. You'll also need to find out their headquarter's phone number and add that to your VP speed dial. Call them few times a month. Ask for the customer service reprenstative, state your name and your specific movie theater's name and location then explain to them about captioning in movie theaters and ask them to provide your location with a captioning device.

No comments: